Whether you’re heading off soon or you’re staying at home, check out these articles for freelancers I found recently. Read them on your tablet lying on the beach mojito in hand, or during your lunch break in the garden.
They say when you relax and switch off from work is when you get the best ideas. Reading also helps, so have a look at the articles below and get some ideas you can apply to your business when you go back to the office.
- Three years as a freelancer – Twelve lessons learned, by As the bird flies
- 7 ways to earn passive income as a freelancer, by Freelance Lifestyle
- It’s summertime and the billing is NOT easy – 5 tips to avoid a cash flow crunch, by Freelancers Union
- How to escape the single client trap as a freelancer, by Ryan Waggoner
- Freelancing: what to do when things get slow, from ICR Translations
- Things you should stop doing if you want to remain mentally stable in a digital world, by The Content Wolf
Tools and productivity
I don’t know about you, but on sunny days I struggle to be as focused and productive as when it’s rainy and cloudy. Note down these useful tools, apps and tips to help you with productivity.
- Awesome apps that will help you manage your freelance life, by Harpoon
- 11 tools for productive individuals, by Life Hack
- 12 bad habits that are making you less productive, by HubSpot
- How to use mind mapping to become more productive, by Motivation Grid
- Stay focused: 7 best productivity apps for freelance writers, by Make a living writing
Even the most motivated freelancers have bad days and feel down sometimes. We all need a pat on the back every now and then, get over our fears and just keep going. Here’s a good dose of motivation for you.
- Love yourself a little more – and avoid burnout in the process, by The Stylish Freelancer
- Living the dream: why freelancing is an unbeatable way of being, by Medium
- 5 bullshit myths about being fully booked that are keeping you playing small, by Betty Means Business
Not exercising enough and over-snacking are way too common in many freelancers’ lives. A bit late to get your beach body ready, but useful anyway!
- 7 tips to improve your healthy habits, by The Healthy Freelancer
- Top 10 healthcare wearables for a healthy lifestyle, by Medical Futurist
- How to stay healthy while freelancing from home, by Sitepoint
Blogging and writing
Did you run out of blog post ideas? Can’t you find the time for writing? Not sure how to improve your writing style? Have a read at the articles below and save some time during your break for brainstorming and practising.
- How to be original as a blogger (when everything has been said already), by Enchanting Marketing
- Easy strategies for an endless stream of content, by Men with pens
- Blogging tips: 6 simple tips to really grow your social media following, by The travel hack
- How to write with power and authority, even if you feel like a nobody, by Copyblogger
- How to protect your writing time, by As the bird flies
- 20 things to remember for writing the perfect blog post, by Jeff Bullas
- 5 best tools to improve your writing brain, by Grammarly
- How to think outside the box with 200+ writing prompts, by CoSchedule
Did you like the article? Leave a comment below and let me know what you think.
Remember to sign up to the monthly newsletter, so you never miss a post!
IRENE CORCHADO RESMELLA is a Spanish translator and content writer based in Oxford. A Spanish sworn translator and Chartered Linguist, she specialises in Legal, Marketing and Travel translation. Irene combines her linguistic skills with her knowledge of content marketing and a creative mind to help you get the right message across to your Spanish clients.
Blogger at Piggy Traveller and The Curiolancer.