Spanish translation for travel companies
A strong background in languages and translation, and years of experience in travel content marketing make me an ideal partner for your Spanish translation and content writing projects.
I am a serial expat who has lived in Estonia, Russia, Ireland, Latvia and the UK, and a frequent traveller with a soft spot for Russia.
Blogging is not only part of my job, but one of my favourite activities. I write (in English) about my home region of Extremadura on Piggy Traveller and The Curiolancer is my Spanish-language blog for curious-minded freelancers, migrants and travellers.
Why you should choose ICR Translations
I have been a freelancing since 2010 and have 3 years of in-house experience as a Content Writer and Editor for HostelBookers and Hostelworld, where I also received SEO and PPC training. Regular collaborator with momondo since 2014.
● I only accept projects within my fields of specialisation and level of expertise.
● I do not subcontract work to another translator. When you hire my services, you can rest assured it will be me working on your project.
● ICR Translations is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Commitment to self-development
I am a strong advocate of lifelong learning, constantly engaged in CPD activities.
● BA+MA in Translation and Interpreting (specialising in Legal-Commercial translation)
● EN<>ES Sworn Translator-Interpreter, appointed by the Spanish Ministry of Foreign Affairs
● Diploma in Subediting and Design
● Certificate in Website Translation
● Certificate in Business Storytelling
● Course: Content, Advertising and Social IMC
Credentials and memberships
● Chartered Linguist (and full member of the Chartered Institute of Linguists)
● Registered as a sworn translator at the Spanish Consulate in London
● Professional indemnity insurance
● Associate member of ASETRAD (Spanish Translators Association)
What clients say about working with ICR Translations
From localising content such as infographics, blog posts and press releases to producing unique and highly engaging travel articles and optimising web copy for SEO purposes, all her work has been of the highest standard and delivered ahead of deadlines. If you are looking for someone to help with Spanish content, I highly recommend Irene.Filipe Gouveia
Irene translated a series of real estate descriptions from English to Spanish. She is highly professional, meticulous and a pleasure to work with!Jeff
After working with Irene in-house for 3 years, she naturally became my go-to person for Spanish translation and content writing projects. I have been collaborating with her on a regular basis for over 4 years now, and I can say she is very reliable and meticulous. She combines excellent linguistic and writing skills with a sound knowledge of content marketing, which makes her a well-rounded professional.Cristina Bragaña
Contact me today to see how I can help
From the blog
Travel blogging is about providing inspirational, informative, useful and entertaining content. And it’s about quality texts, or it should be. However, the blogosphere is full of sloppy articles often produced by content writers under pressure or...read more
In no other type of texts are precision and punctuation as important as they are in legal documents. One wrong letter or figure or the lack of a comma or a full stop will have consequences, so carefully reviewing a document before its execution is of...read more
Living abroad is the best way to learn a language, there’s no doubt about that. Being surrounded by native speakers 24/7 helps you train your ear and forces you to speak and get over the fear of making mistakes. Moreover, living in the country of the language you want...read more