This may sound familiar
1. Your department of Anglo-Spanish affairs receives more and more documents needing translation by a Spanish sworn translator.
2. A poor legal translation by someone inexperienced or careless caused trouble to you and your client in the past.
3. Your UK-based Spanish clients prefer to read documentation in their language, but your firm does not have the capacity to take on translation projects internally.
The truth is
Legal translation is a complex field of specialisation and projects should not be entrusted to anyone but experienced, knowledgeable and trustworthy professionals.
The Law is such a vast field that a person could not possibly master all areas, let alone all areas in two different legal systems. Nobody is an expert in everything, so beware of overconfident translators who claim they can handle all types of legal documents.
Overpromising and under-delivering are common in the low-end translation market, so resist the temptation to go for the cheapest provider. Instead, choose a professional who puts as much care in their translations as you do in your work.
ICR Translations can help you with
Electoral registration letters
Certificates of naturalisation
Certificates of residence
University degree certificates
Letters of recommendation
Work experience letters
Articles of association
Certificates of Incorporation
Terms and Conditions
Report and accounts
Certificates of no impediment
Grants of probate
Powers of Attorney
Wills and testaments
Why you should choose ICR Translations
ICR Translations has been undertaking sworn and legal translation projects since 2010.
● I only accept projects within my fields of specialisation and level of expertise.
● I do not subcontract work to another translator. When you hire my services, you can rest assured it will be me working on your project.
● ICR Translations is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Commitment to self-development
I am a strong advocate of lifelong learning, constantly engaged in CPD activities. Currently, I am enrolled in a course on the Law of Wills and Succession by CILEx Law School.
● BA+MA in Translation and Interpreting (specialising in Legal-Commercial translation)
● EN<>ES Sworn Translator-Interpreter, appointed by the Spanish Ministry of Foreign Affairs
● ILEC (International Legal English Certificate)
● Certificate in Translation of Contracts (EN>ES)
Credentials and memberships
● Chartered Linguist (and full member of the Chartered Institute of Linguists)
● Registered as a sworn translator at the Spanish Consulate in London
● Professional indemnity insurance
● Member of the BSLA (British Spanish Law Association)
● Associate member of ASETRAD (Spanish Translators Association)
What clients say about working with ICR Translations
Many thanks to Irene for her courteous and efficient attitude during the initial phone call and for delivering exactly as promised.Dominic, London
Irene is super-professional and efficient. She provided us with useful information on how to get our documents legalised. Excellent translation and service at a very reasonable price. We are so pleased!Helena, Norwich
I would recommend ICR Translations for her kind assistance, swift service and availability to contact her at any time during the day. It’s been a pleasure to be able to work with someone nice that loves her job and does it with passion. The service provided was splendid.Rebeca, Cambridge
Contact me today to see how I can help
From the blog
In legal translation, nothing is what it seems; even more so, when translating between languages of countries with very different legal systems. Many English legal concepts do not exist in Spanish law. Others have partial equivalents only. And other...read more
There is no doubt that legal texts are hard to read and understand for the layman. Not only do they include long and complicated sentences and legalese, they are peppered with Latin terms and expressions, too! This happens across all areas of the law, and...read more
Choosing a Spanish sworn translator (traductor jurado) based on quality is impossible when you have not worked with them in the past and have no way of evaluating their previous work. When you have a list of potential service providers, choosing one is not...read more